Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Just a Little Venting...

Just some thoughts I've had lately that I want to vent...

Low income family does not equate to a piece of crap person/people. Sometimes the world is tough, breaks don't come easy nor do they come often. Sometimes people just need to catch a break, to know that there is someone out there who cares. Sometimes people just need a little help, or even a lot of help. It happens, but it doesn't make that person/those people any less than anyone else.

Pro-choice...there is nothing wrong with it. No matter what you believe about something, it doesn't matter. If someone else wants to make the choice to abort a pregnancy, it's their choice to make. I personally would never have an abortion, but that is my choice. Just because I would choose something different for myself, does not give me the right to force my choices on others.

Equal rights, are just that...No one should be told who they can marry, how they should feel, what they should believe. Everyone has the right to be with whomever they choose, believe however they believe, and feel however they feel. What happened to that? We're supposed to be a free country, so why is it that we're only free if we're feeling/believing/etc however certain people say we should? Freedom is not something you can manipulate and conform so that it fits into whatever you think. And I love it when religion comes into play with this one...Isn't it religion/religious people that boast about free will?

Rape is exactly what it is, someone forcing themselves on another person. If a hooker gets raped, it's still rape. If a drunk woman gets raped, it's still rape. If someone can not give coherent consent to have sexual relations with someone, it is rape. And no one asks for it, ever. I've never experienced rape, it's actually one of my biggest fears. But if I walked into a room full of men (or women), naked, and was grinding on every single one of them, if I said no to anything and they kept going-it would be rape. I will never be able to understand how anyone could believe otherwise.

If a woman wants to take birth control, she should be allowed to and it should be covered. All contraceptives should be covered by insurance, no excuses. It should not be difficult at all for someone to obtain birth control, period.

I don't normally speak on anything political or religious because my views are not always the same as others and I'm stubborn and believe completely how I believe. I also believe everyone has the right to believe how they want, regardless if I agree or not. I don't discuss my views openly very often because I do not like debating about them and don't like people trying to show me why what I believe is wrong. Plus, I've learned that having different beliefs can ruin relationships (all kinds-friend, family, acquaintances). I only wrote this post to vent because these are things that have been in my mind lately and this is my blog so I figure I can use a post to vent if I want.

Read it or ignore, comment on it, or don't. I will not be hurt either way. I know my blog is typically writing-related, I'm sorry I went here today and hope I don't offend anyone by anything I said. If we have different beliefs, it's okay. And no worries, my next post won't be like this one. In fact, I doubt I'll write anything like this ever again, or at the very least-no time soon.

Vent over.

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday and I should be posting again tomorrow or Thursday :)

6 comments:

Karen Baldwin said...

Your right! It's your blog and you can vent if you want to. It takes guts to not just stand behind your convictions, but to post them. Good for you!

brighton said...

Yeah I never get why people let differing beliefs get in the way of friendships or especially being family. I don't know who I'd ever find to be friends with if I restricted myself to people who only agree with me. Though I do sometimes push people's buttons sometimes because I find a good intellectual debate on political issues fun, and will even take up an opposing view to my own just for the challenge of arguing from that side. Plus I find that by trying to better understand why someone has a stance it helps me also to better understand my own views and reasoning behind them.
I admire your courage to just come with conviction and solidly state your views. I think I'd be hard pressed to do that.

Michelle 4 Laughs said...

Good for you. We shouldn't have to hide what we believe because somebody might not like it.

Yolanda Renée said...

Vent -- it is so freeing sometimes, and so necessary to clear the mind -- so we can move on! I do it all the time in emails to family. I call them my Bitch'en Again Updates!

Our rights are being destroyed daily, by people pretending to defend them. Something will give, it has too!

T.J. said...

Hurrah! Actually, I believe the same things. It can be hard on relationships sometimes, but luckily, I've surrounded myself with peeps who know that differences can lead to better understanding and, hopefully, a better world.

SC Author said...

Awesome. Awesome awesome awesome. This is awesome.