Well, there were some ups and downs to this week, but I prevailed enough that I'm going to call it an awesome week.
The downer to this week was when I got a call from my daughter's (the one who's five) school asking me to come in for a conference....
Just the day before that phone call, she'd come home with a red day (they either get a green, yellow, or red-in order of good, warning, bad). She got the red for throwing dirt in another little girl's face....
The Friday before that, she'd come home with a red day because she drew an A on the smart board in her classroom....
So, you can imagine how I was feeling when I got that call. I went in and she was sitting in the counselors 'waiting room' outside of her actual office. The counselor told me it'd be just a minute so I sat down and asked my daughter why she though I was there. My little angel proceeded to tell me it was because she told someone she was going to slap them (though I learned later-from her- that I'd heard her wrong and she didn't say slap, she said stab). Yep, my sweet angel. Riiight.
The conference was 'called to order' and they took me into a room with the counselor, my daughter's teacher, and another teacher. They each had a page-long list of everything she's been doing wrong. And apparently she's been a mouthy little angel everyday for the last two months (on top of the destructive, hurtful, mean, and defiant behavior). Then they went on to ask me if I have any suggestions *insert accuse me I'm one of those moms that let their kid act horrible and just get away with it* for why she's doing this. Of course, I have theories, but in reality I didn't realize she'd been being 'so bad' for all these months. They said I need to do something to fix it before next school year. *Insert 'Imagine that' or possibly a 'No shit?'* I mean, obviously she can't act up like that, I don't need someone to tell me. But I do need someone to let me know she's acting crazy so I can talk to her about it.
Now, I'll move on to my ups because from my downs it doesn't seem like I had such an awesome week, but I did.
I finished the latest pass in my revisions, and will be starting another go round sometime this weekend. I also worked on my WIP and have been making a bit of progress there. I critiqued and received crits. I also tweeted with some awesome people, had some of my tweets retweeted and favorited, and I...well, I don't know, but it was a good week.
I even got another award! :D
Donna B McNicol (who also created this award). Make sure you stop by her blog and check her out because she's a whole lot of awesome.
1. Link back to the person who gave the award (in this case Donna, which I already did)
2. Name something you do to take time for YOU.
3. Nominate five other bloggers-especially someone you think needs a break from their routine.
So, something I do for me. I've been working on doing more for just me. Lately it's been allowing myself to take a nap (isn't that fitting :p ) and not being mad at myself when I wake up. It's a difficult thing for me to nap when I have things I could be doing instead. I also like to write - stories and poems. Sometimes I turn on some music and dance around really silly just for fun.
Now, I nominate:
1. Alex J Cavanaugh because he's full of awesomeness and I think he deserves a good nap. (Yes, it's possible he's already got the award because of his awesomeness, but I nominate him anyway.)
2. Jean Oram because she's full of awesomeness and does so much that I'm sure she could use one too. (I know she may not post awards, but I'm giving it to her anyway :p )
3. Caterina Torres because she needs an award and a good nap.
4. Eden Baylee who has been running the campaign for Joshua (Indies Unite for Joshua, I talked about it here. And if you look to the right side (and a little up) of my blog, you'll see the campaign was a great success!) and she definitely deserves a nap for her awesomeness.
5. Cherie (who's recently landed herself an agent!) which also means she deserves a good nap too.
Thanks again Donna and thanks everyone for stopping by.
Happy Napping :D