Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Progress

Last year, I won some nice prizes from contests I entered in. Many of the things I got were books that I've either read or they're still on the TBR, but one non-book item I won was a bracelet. I'm not sure exactly why, but I wore that bracelet every single day, all day long-never took it off. It broke last week and I was able to fix it enough to wear it for almost another week before it broke completely. Now, I must find a way to get another one...if that's even possible. I feel so naked without it, which is weird because I honestly am not quite sure why I was so attached to it in the first place.

I'm sure part of my attachment was just because it was something I won, and I don't win things very often. Plus, it was something from one of my now favorite authors and people. I'm going to email her and see if there's a way to get another...

Anyway, that was just something on my mind. Other than that, my goals are progressing okay. I just got caught up with my group, for now. There will be at least one new post very soon so I'll have to keep on it. I'm going to start one of my non-group related critiques sometime today. I can now put more focus into my writing too since I tend to force myself not to write when I'm behind on my group. Same with reading. Oh and I tweeted yesterday, only a couple tweets, but it's something. It'll take a bit for me to get used to that again, but I'm getting there.

I guess that's pretty much it. Hopefully I'll get back into my blogging groove and be able to write up some real posts. I mean, sure these are real posts, but I like to post about more than just what's going on with my life. It'll come though, I'm not going to stress over it.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday. :)

5 comments:

SC Author said...

I like these posts! And I saw your tweets yesterday, I got happy seeing you there :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sure the author can get you another. Who did you win it from?

Kela McClelland said...

Thanks, SC :)

Hey, Alex :)It's Ali, but I know she's got stuff going on with her sister and whatnot so I didn't want to bother her right now. I figure I'll email her towards the end of the month since that's when she said she'd be back.

DL Hammons said...

I hope you're able to locate a replacement for your bracelet! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, I hope she sends you another one! I'm sentimental about things like that, too.