Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday - Review: Grasping At Eternity by Karen Hooper

FIVE Stars to Grasping At Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper

O.M.G. Yes, this book is THAT good. When I first saw this book cover, I loved it. When I read Tangled Tides, I could not wait to read another book written by Karen Hooper. When I first got this book, I was torn between waiting to read it (because I just KNEW it would be awesome) and reading it (because I just KNEW it would be awesome). Then when I started reading it, I read as slow as possible. I read every word. I wanted to cherish every chapter. I kept stopping while I was reading because I didn't want it to end. But I went right back to reading because I HAD to know what was going to happen. I stayed up all night reading it because it was so so so good.

A book about love, soulmates, death, war (within self and an actual war of sorts that's going on), and remembering. It's about so much more than that, but I'm at a loss for what all to say. If you've ever read any of my reviews then you know, I really hate to spoil a book and I REALLY hate to spoil an AWESOME book. I know there are people who will review this book and tell you more. You will read that the MC is Maryah, a seventeen year old girl who's thrown into a situation that's hard to handle. You'll probably read about reincarnation and possibly even Elements. There will even be people who talk about Nathaniel and traverse. Maybe even astral travel.

The point is, yes I know that other places are going to say more about the book. That's fine, I'm not one to do that. I'm not even going to pretend to put spoilers because I just can't spoil any part of this book. The supernatural aspects are far from the 'typical,' The writing is good, the concept unique, and the plot fantastic.

This book is now my number one favorite of any book I've read in at least the past three or more years. I don't even know which awesome aspect made it number one, probably all of them put together. This book is fantastically fabulously awesome and you should go read it if you haven't. GREAT JOB Karen Hooper, can't wait for more books to come. :)

Happy Reading Everyone :)

2 comments:

Karen Baldwin said...

That's quite a passionate review. I'll definitely be checking it out.

kah said...

Wow. I am overwhelmed with happiness right now. I thought I was the only one who could ever love this book that much.

Thanks so much for your amazing review and for all of your support.

*hugs*