Sunday, March 11, 2012

Review: Bound by C.K. Bryant

Five Stars (and hats off) to Bound by C.K. Bryant.

This is another book I won from the awesome NiNoCon. I won the ebook and read it in one day. It was THAT good. Nothing I had to do got in the way of my reading this book. I read it throughout the day and by the time I went to bed, it was over. Which was the saddest part-it was over. The sequel isn't even out yet...I'm so sad.

C.K. did an excellent job with this book. Kira's adventure will keep you intrigued from start to finish. There is not a dull moment in this one. I read every single word from start to finish, no skimming this one. It was one of THE BEST books I've read in a long time. I hate to sound this way, but I was happily surprised by how well written this story is.

This is usually where my spoilers would come in, but I hate to spoil it for anyone. Okay, okay, I'll do it...

IF YOU WANT SPOILERS, CLICK THE READ MORE BUTTON NOW



If you are reading this, I just hope you have already read the book and want my opinion on it. If you haven't read it and just want to spoil it for yourself...I will say DON'T!!! Unless you really want to...

Kira and Lydia are best friends and Lydia is not human. Of course, Kira doesn't know it at first, but she figures it out. Then she binds herself to Lydia to save her life. Then she falls in love with Lydia's brother. Then she's kidnapped by Lydia's sister. Kira is beaten, and almost dead when she is finally rescued by Lydia's brother. This is pretty much where the book ends and sadly we have to wait for the next book.

Her mom is a crappy mom, her best friend is not human, her lover is a warrior and she is a BEAST. Not literaly, but still...She is a survivor and survive she does. I didn't put as much detail into this because I REALLY think you MUST read it for yourself!

Don't forget to keep an eye out for book 2 coming soon.

And C.K Bryant has a short story in the anthology In His Eyes check it out.

10 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

I see what you mean about the spoiler alert. It's good to give readers the option.


Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog
Twitter: @AprilA2Z

Christine said...

Awesome review, Kela. I'm so glad you liked my book. You ROCK!!!

Heather said...

What an excellent review! This is on my reading list and thanks to you I'll have to move it to the top. :)

Kela McClelland said...

Lee-yep, exactly. I did not think of the pop up window at first and then I was like, Oh no-people may want to comment without having to see the entire post. So, I adjusted.

C.K- Thank you. You rock too! Can't wait for Broken (book 2)!! :D

Heather-Glad I could help :p When I won it, I felt the need to move it up on mine, and I was so happy I did. It was a great read, although I hate having to wait for the next one.

Laura Pauling said...

I have this on my Kindle and can't wait to read it!

Cory Putman Oakes said...

Great review! Can't wait to read this one!!

Kela McClelland said...

Laura-It is definitely a great read!

Cory-Thanks and you should read it ASAP, lol. So worth it :)

Lauren said...

I agree this book was AWESOME :) I completely understand your pain in waiting for the sequel!! Thanks for an awesome review.

Kela McClelland said...

You're welcome :) And yes, very AWESOME!

Lisa said...

Not only is CK a great author, she's also a really sweet person. I'm so happy to see you enjoyed her book.