Friday, April 6, 2012

Fantasy

(Since I would normally leave my Friday open to give more light to my awesome Thursday TAG!-if you haven't, please check out my Q&A with the Fabulous-E.M. Labonte.)

My Friday semi-theme is going to be about a genre I enjoy. I read every genre, but Fantasy is my absolute favorite. I know that many people think of 'High Fantasy' or 'Epic' novels in association with this genre, but it's more than that. Dystopian, Paranormal and Urban, even Sci-Fi (in some aspects) are all capable of being in this category. For me. when I think Fantasy I think anything fantastical and magical, anything that isn't really real. Faeries, vampires, weres and shifters, angels, demons, dragons, witches, wizards, elves and so many more. Reading is imaginative, so why not read about something that takes you to a different reality?

Fantasy: Fantastically Fun Fiction

Find yourself on a journey into a world that doesn't exist.
And take your mind to a place where the impossible is really possible.
Normal is people doing things that can't be real.
The ideas are true as you go page by page.
Animals are humans and no one is what they seem.
Supernatural things are more natural than they are 'supposed' to be.
You find yourself somewhere that is full of wonder and adventure.

Happy Fantasizing ;)

How about you? Do you like to read about the paranormal/supernatural/magical? Why do you or why don't you? What's your favorite genre?

7 comments:

PR said...

I love reading fantasy. It amazes me the stuff people can create :)

Universal Gibberish

Jemima Pett said...

Yes I've been reading fantasy for so many years I sometimes forget there is only one real world.
My books are ones with animals doing the things humans would if there were any in their world. There aren't. I like it that way!
Have fun with your A to Z Challenge!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Fantasy and science fiction are my favorite genres - I like the escape.

Precy Larkins said...

Yep, I love anything with Fantasy (including its sub-genres). I like books that take me to other worlds.

Cyndel said...

Fantasy is such a popular topic today!
I love Epic Fantasy, such as Robert Jordan's Wheel of time, and Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy.

http://leasenchantedcloth.blogspot.com

Sarah Tokeley said...

I love Fantasy. A good fantasy novel can make me believe in the impossible :-)

sjp said...

I generally find myself seeking out the fantasy genre, real life is just too plain :) I think I must challenge myself to try write this genre too