Friday, March 2, 2012

Love

Late on the poem again this week...Sorry y'all :)

Love


A mother's protection
A father's affection
A sister's objections
A brother's obsessions

A baby bird learning to fly
Its mom letting it go
A baby bear hibernating alone
During its first snow

A puppy given to a child
Learning all sorts of new tricks
A kitten given as a gift
Soft, warm, cuddly, the perfect pick

A couple in the park holding hands
Sitting on bench, discussing their life plans
A proposal as she stands
And of course an acceptance

A mother's gentle touch
Lying next to your puppy snug
Or something your man does
Bottom line, life is love.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Very nice!
I am so not a poet...

Kela McClelland said...

Thanks Alex :) Poetry has always just come easy for me. I'm not always great at verbalizing and expressing my emotions. Poetry helps me work through everything better.

Jeremy Bates said...

Nice poetry!

Kela McClelland said...

Thanks Jeremy