Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Because I Say So...

I'm going to get back to things, it will happen, I'm working on it...And it will happen because I say so. That never works with my kids, but I'm going to go with it here. Only because it's something that can work in this situation. I have things I want and things I need to do to get the things I want and so only I can do it. I have to say so for it to happen.

Here's March, already. It happened way too fast. I'm just not ready for another year to just zoom past like the last several. I want time to slow down, only because I really want it to stop and I know that won't happen so I'll settle for a minor ease up on the gas pedal.

But, until that happens I'm here, in March, wondering if I'll be letting another month woosh past me with not a single writerly thing to show for it. Guess that all just means I'm feeling a bit insecure this month. Hopefully I won't soon. I want to have so many posts in a row, month after month, about how awesome writerly life is. But, my daughters are still homeschooling it, my youngest is right smack in the middle of competition season in gymnastics, and I'm still helping my parents out all the time on top of spending three days a week at the gymnastics place. So, not sure how secure things are going to get. If anything, I should probably just be hoping for things to not be so crazy and then work on the security once I've got that handled.

Nah, who am I kidding? If I lost the crazy, I wouldn't be a writer. :P

That's okay though. I'm starting to like it all a little. I would love to wake up and have a whole day of relaxing, but I know I can't right now and I'm okay with that. We'll just have to see what March and April bring and go from there. Who knows what may happen.

Until next time, make sure you're in the know on everything awesomely Alex(J. Cavanaugh) and this spectacular little Insecure Writer's Support Group we've got happening here.

See you later. Have an awesome day, y'all. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went a couple months not writing, and I wasn't even busy. You're doing other things, and that's okay.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's March either. It's crazy. I'd try to find a little time every day (even if it's for 5 minutes) to give yourself to writing. A blog post / some character sketches, something. This will definitely propel you forward. Everybody deserves at least 15 min a day, right? Take all or some of that for you and your writing. Good luck!

Tamara Narayan said...

I agree with the comment above. Even if I type up some ideas or research a topic for ten or fifteen minutes, it makes a difference in my attitude. When I let a week slide with no writing accomplishments, I get cranky. 2015 has been brutal on my writing time with kid illnesses and school holidays. Since I'm not homeschooling, I should count my blessings on those (rare) days both of my darlings are in school. Good luck to you.

Chrys Fey said...

This year does seem to be whooshing past. I can't believe it's March already! No matter how crazy life gets, I keep writing because it makes me sane. ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Are you saying writers are crazy?
Can you write or take notes at gym practice?
And yes, it's zooming by at a scary rate.

Stephanie Bird said...

The passing of time gets increasingly more daunting the older we get. Still, take heart in enjoying your kids being at home, as that passes quickly too. You've written this post for our IWSG and that's something to be proud of. Don't beat up on yourself. There's enough of that going on in the world. Still, I share your insecurity of the month. I need to get cracking as well.