Sunday, February 19, 2012

Something Sunday

I wrote my first book review Sunday Feb. 5 on Calista Taylor's Viridis. It was exciting to talk about a book I read, and how much I loved it; to recommend a book to others; and most of all, to promote a fellow writer. I decided then, that the first Sunday of every month I will post a book review. My next review will be on  Sunday, March 4 over Ashfall by Mike Mullin. I have not finished the book just yet, but so far I'm enjoying it and can't wait to write that review as well.

This morning, I was thinking about my blog. Right now, I have a blog series happening every Monday and Wednesday where I focus on conquering the To Dos of a Writer's busy life. Every Tuesday and Friday is when I post my poetry (although I am thinking about opening it up to other writers as well. Where they could post a very short story or a poem-something like that). And as I stated above, the first Sunday of every month will be a book review. But that leaves the rest of the Sundays of the month, as well as Thursdays and Saturdays. I know I don't have to post every single day, but I want to, so.

I'm throwing around some ideas for Thursdays to be guest post day. Get some other writers and non writers to write up a post of their choice for my blog. I haven't gotten my idea for it all the way set, so it's not happening yet, but that's what I really would like. And for Saturday, I think I'm going to make a recap of my week sort of thing.

Now-what about Sundays that have nothing, right? Yes, that's right, those poor singled out all alone Sundays. Well, those days will be for recommending and promoting. I will talk about books, blogs, websites, and everything inbetween. I have tons of ideas for what I want to post. If you have anything you want me to recommend/promote or whatever: A book, blog, site-ANYTHING; leave a comment on this post, email me, Tweet me, find me however you want-Here's My Contact Info. (FYI if you have a book you'd like me to review, you can contact me for my book review Sunday as well)

My Something Sunday will kick off on Sunday, Feb 26. Come back and check it out. And don't forget to let me know if you have something specific you want me to talk about :)

Happy Sunday!

No comments: