Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday TAG! - Blog Hopping Meme

Something happened yesterday tat gave me an idea for my Thursday slot. I will be coming up with questions for various people. The questions will not be the same for everyone and I will have to make sure they are willing to do it. Then each Thursday I will post them. It will be my Thursday TAG!

To kick it off, I'm doing this blog hopping meme. I was tagged by E.M. LaBonte, to do this, so, my answers are below and I've tagged some people also. And if you're reading this and you were not specifically tagged-you are tagged now. Just copy and paste the questions below to your blog, answer the questions, and tag seven (or more) people. If I didn't tag you by putting your blog at the bottom and you would like me to put you on my tagged list, leave a comment with your blog address and I will add it in. :)

Blog Hopping Meme


1. What is your dream vacation?
Hang on just a sec, let me go look up this word 'vacation' :p  For real though, I haven't been on a vacation in about seven years. However, since we are dreaming here, I would love to travel in general. Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Poland, Canada, various places throughout the U.S. and I'm sure if I really thought about it I could come up with a lot more places.

2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead?
I consider myself to be both. Everyone is always joking about my To Do List that I write out everyday-sometimes several different ones in a day. So, obviously I do plan ahead. However, I also tend to do things that are not in my plans.

3. Tell us one thing you want to do but don't dare do it.
Only one? Because I'm sure I could think of a few things. But, if only one, I'd say mountain climbing. I think it would be so fun, but I am afraid of heights and I'm afraid to put myself into a position that could be so dangerous.

4. What's your biggest phobia?
There is a tie for this one. I'm always scared of losing my kids in any kind of way. And I'm scared of screwing up in raising them. I don't think I'm a bad mom, but I always worry if I'm doing everything right.

5. If you were stranded on a desert island-what three things would you want with you? (Not including laptop or family)
Logically, I would say a boat, and I don't know what else. But then I over analyze this question and think-if I'm stranded does that mean I couldn't save myself if I had a boat? So, I'll say, 1 package of pencils (:p), 1 box of paper (:p), and a pencil sharpener. I write, a lot, so I think I'd be good with that.

6. Name three blessings in your life.
My family, being alive in general, Faith. It's really hard to only name three, I have many blessings that I'm very thankful for.

7. What was your nickname in high school?
I didn't have a nickname that every single person used. But, Kandi or Kandi Kane was a nickname majority of my friends called me. It came from a boyfriend in middle school, and then it just stuck after we broke up.

8. If you could meet the President of the United States, what would you say to him?
I don't think y'all want to spend that much time on my blog....LOL no, for real. One thing I would say is-why don't we have a biracial/multiracial option on forms? I mean, some places put it on forms, but not many and no government forms I've ever filled out have it as an option. My kids are Black, White, and Indian and I never mark only one race. Even places that want me to, I tell them no-I won't do it. They are all three, and I will not just pick one because that's how the forms are written. There should be an option for what race they are-or some way to input each race they are. Just saying...

9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be?
There are so many great ones, I couldn't pick. I don't think I would want to anyway. My life may be crazy, but even one day away from the madness and my kids would be sad.

10. What is your favorite quote?
Being the quote-aholic that I am, I don't have one favorite. I like this one: "I can resist everything expect for temptation." and this one: "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word I am saying." These are both by Oscar Wilde I do believe.

Okay here's my list:

Caterina Torres
Kristen H Davis
Jacqueline Gardner
Ali Cross
Jean Oram(She also has a great site for people who have kids, nieces/nephews, grand kids or any kids in their lives Kids Play you should check that one out as well. Though I am not tagging her kids play blog :)
Jeremy
Joey Francisco
Alex J Cavanaugh
Angie Sandro

Yeah, I know, I tagged more than seven people, but honestly I had to make myself stop here or I would've tagged about twenty or more. So, there's my list, check 'em out. And for those tagged, go post your meme-can't wait to read what everyone has to say :) Don't forget, just because your name isn't on my list, doesn't mean you can't participate.

Just copy and paste these questions to your blog and don't forget to tag seven other people :):

1. What is your dream vacation?
2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead?
3. Tell us one thing you want to do but don't dare do it.
4. What's your biggest phobia?
5. If you were stranded on a desert island-what three things would you want with you? (Not including your laptop or family)
6. Name three blessings in your life.
7. What was your nickname in High School?
8. If you could meet the President of the United States, what would you say to him?
9. If you could be any literary character, who would you be?
10. What is your favorite quote?

Happy Hopping :D

5 comments:

Jean Oram said...

Thanks! Now I know what to blog about tomorrow. And thanks for the shout out about It's All Kid's Play. You're an awesome cheerleader.

P.S. There are a ton of great places to see in Canada!

Kela McClelland said...

YAY! I'm glad I gave you a topic. I can't wait to read your answers :) You're welcome for the shout out, I like to give them where they're due.

P.S. I've heard there are and I can't wait until I have the opportunity to explore them :D

Anonymous said...

Audible gasp! I have been tagged for the first time. (Not including the Pearson Report tag because I decided to do that on my own to spread the word about the A-Z Challenge.) I will post the answers tomorrow.

Jean Oram said...

Okay, I did it but I didn't tag anyone--yet! http://jeanoram.com/blog/2012/02/24/blog-tag-jean-oram/

Kela McClelland said...

Jeremy- YAY! That makes me happy I picked you to tag. This was my first time being tagged too :)

Jean- Well, I don't know if you've tagged anyone yet, since I'm late getting to your comment, however I'm heading over there now so...