Saturday, February 11, 2012

Every Little Bit Counts

I recently decided I would post reviews of books I read. This is a new thing for me. I've reviewed books on places such as Amazon and Borders (when they were still around :(  However, I thought it would be a good addition to my blog, something else for my readers. Especially since my readers, read. *GASP* I know right, odd concept, a reader, reading. BUT it does happen. Huh, who woulda thunk it...

So, I posted my first book review for my blog. First up was Calista Taylor's Viridis. (IDK if I really did it "right" but it gives you a bit to help you decide if you think you may want to read it-which you should read it.) (If you haven't read my review, and would like to: Here's the link :) This was only my first review of many more to come. There will be more and I will also recommend books as well....

The other day, I began following @Drunk_on_Books who sent me a DM telling me he is looking forward to any book recommendations I have for him. I thought, huh, recommendations, okay, I could do that. I love to read, and I love to spread the word about books. Then I thought, wait, what if I recommend a book that he thinks it total crap and doesn't want anymore recommendations from me? So I was on the fence. I sucked my worries up though and gave him my recommendation for Viridis and also one for Edge of Hyperspace by Scott Seldon.

Now, I only have 9 followers on my blog. BUT I have 157 followers on Twitter and I have two different Facebook accounts and different friends on each. Point being I am not a complete nobody, and therefore I am perfectly capable of spreading the word about someones book(s). And I love spreading the word.

Every review, every recommendation, every mention brings your book to a readers attention. Even if you think the person talking about your book is just a little silent fish in a sea of much bigger fish with much bigger prescnece. Don't knock someone who is willing to talk about your book(s)...Every little bit counts.

No comments: