Thursday, April 2, 2015

Beautiful Blue

Choosing the first word that comes to my mind isn't going the way I want. When I thought of A words, a lot came to mind. Now as I tell myself to think of B words, a lot are coming to mind...

Because
Beautiful
Ball
Bold
Blue
Blueberries
Borrowed
Brown
Bruised

Random.org has spoken and Blue is the winner.

I'm not sure what to talk about though. Blue is my favorite color. It's the color of my pants right now. It's on my cup and a shade of blue is on my mouse. A cart to my left has two blue drawers in it. There's a box of craft sticks across from me that is blue. My gluten free Chex granola is in a blue (and yellow) package. The hand towel is blue, my blanket is blue, there's a list on the door that's written on blue paper.

But blue isn't just a color I guess. Blue can be a feeling, one I've felt many times in my life. One I've felt very recently actually. One I feel a little every time I think of the kids and coaches at the gymnastics studio that was ruined by the tornado last week. It's a feeling I have to (unfortunately) watch every time my kids think of their dad who decided to blame everyone else for why he's crap at being their father.

That's something about blue that sucks though. It's not very often that people think of a pretty blue sky. The calming waves of a blue ocean. A beautiful blue butterfly. Yummy blueberries (even though they don't really look blue). Cinderella's wonderful blue ball gown. Or sexy Captain America in his blue uniform. :p

So although blue sometimes gets associated with sadness or with items that are just blue items, it also can be a very beautiful thing.

5 comments:

Grammy said...

OH, my dear, You sound blue... you might find something more uplifting to read than about Zombies. How about an Amelia Bedelia book? Yes, I know it is a children's book, but it will make you laugh. Call a friend and go out for a ooffee and slice of pie. Take your children to a fun movie for children. Go visit someone in a nursing home who needs to see a friendly face. It will make you feel so much better about you and your situation. Take comfort in reading Psalms in the Old Testament. I don't mean to sound "preachy", but I've kinda been in the same place you are. Best regards to you. Ruby..aka "Blabbin' Grammy" (I'm 81 and been around for a long time) :-)

Chrys Fey said...

I think blue is the only color that is equated with an emotion...feeling blue. How lucky for blue! :P

-Chrys Fey
Tremp’s Troops - A to Z Co-co-host
Write with Fey

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just think of the happy things about blue then.

Anonymous said...

I think that's why blue stopped being my favorite color, because I always associate with my stages of melancholia. I still love it, but not as much.

J Lenni Dorner said...

J here, stopping by from the #atozchallenge as part of the A to Z Ambassador Team! (I'm a minion/volunteer under Arlee.)
Great post. I'm looking forward to more. Let me know if I can help you in any blogging way this month. I've followed you on your listed social media sites.
@JLenniDorner

Your blog background is also blue.