Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Family

Family has always been important to me. Unfortunately, many of my family members never took time to think I was capable of feeling the ways I do when it comes to lots of things-family being one of those things.

When I was little, I was that weird kid who didn't tear into the wrapping paper on Christmas. I was more interested in seeing the joy on everyone else's face when they opened their presents. Even as a young kid, I was still more interested in seeing everyone else happy. Holidays always meant getting together with everyone and seeing my aunts (even though they drove me crazy-one aunt in particular), my uncles, my grandparents...family.

Family means more to me than anything else. And family isn't just blood either. My kids, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are important family members to me. But my true friends are important parts of my family too. But friends in the blogging community and friends on AQC, the wonderful women I met through my crit group on AQC-they're all like family too. And I realized recently that I feel family-ish when it comes to my girls' gymnastics place too. Because that's what family is- a group of people who care about other individuals in the group and who will come together in happiness or sorrow, good times and bad, putting all things aside and just being there as needed.

And there is my F post. I could've used another F word I was thinking, but decided I probably shouldn't(especially since I didn't put AC next to my blog name :p ). Have a fantastic Tuesday. See you tomorrow. :)

6 comments:

Chrys Fey said...

I think it's so cute that you liked to see the joy on everyone else's faces when they were opening their gifts. That's not weird to me but sweet. :)

Annalisa Crawford said...

My family was very small when I was growing up, but I married into a really big one :-) My son (at 11) says the best part of Christmas is seeing all the family, rather than getting presents - so you're not weird to me either.

Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Family happens whenever there is love and friendship, blood ties or not.

Liz Brownlee said...

I love seeing people opening their presents too - I'd much rather take them than post them, and choosing the very thing i know they will like is very important to me. Family is fabulous, but I also agree, friends can be as good! ~Liz http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

SC Author said...

AQC really is a family :)

Anonymous said...

I'm big on family. I also didn't make a lot of friends growing up, so my closest friends are my cousin and sister.