Thursday, April 30, 2015

Zing

Several Z words going through my mind. (Surprising since I had some issues with X and Y).

When I was a little younger, if I heard Zig-Zag, my mind tended to think of herbs...

Zapped makes me think of a Disney movie that my kids have made me watch twice. (And I don't hate it although it's not my favorite.)

And speaking of, Zendaya is a really awesome young lady. I like that my kids look up to her. (Hence why they needed to see Zapped several times and why I needed to record the Radio Disney Music Awards).

And the last Z word I thought of was zing. One of my favorite movies for I'm not really sure what reason exactly is Hotel Transylvania. I'm a little more excited than I should be about them coming out with a sequel really. But why I thought of zing because of it, in case you haven't seen the movie, is because that's what they call that feeling when you meet the one.

I always find it interesting in stories to hear what words they use. In romance novels of the paranormal variety I tend to hear people giving a title to that feeling. It's neat how different writers can come up with different things. Lynsay Sands calls them 'life mates' in her Argeneau series. JR Ward uses hellren, shellan, and also leelan for her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. And even Laurell K Hamilton uses different terms for Anita's many different lovers/boyfriend/whatever...

In Hotel Transylvania, that 'zing' is when you look into someone's eyes and just feel it. That pull, that voice screaming they're the one. A zing only happens once in a lifetime and it's not guaranteed to happen at all. It can seem a little cheesy, but so do the other love stories sometimes. I'm a sucker for love stories though so oh well.

Damn it's been one helluva month. Glad that's it's over, hate to see it go a little. Only a little though because April has honestly kinda sucked outside of the little blog world.

Thanks to all who stopped by this month. If I haven't been around to your site yet, I'm very sorry and I'm going over all my commenters today to make sure I stop in on you all. I'll do the same for those from today. I hope you had fun, if you hang around after the challenge I hope I can keep you entertained.

Have a great day and I'll see you next time. :)

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My wife is excited about the sequel. And in her eyes, I saw zing.
Congratulations on completing the Challenge!

Liz Brownlee said...

Congratulations on reaching the end! I've never seen Zing - I think the problem is our children have grown up and left the nest and now we miss out on all the fun stuff! ~Liz Congrats on getting to the end! http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com (don't use Twitter of Blogger links, they don't work!)

Sandra Cox said...

Congrats on making it all the way through:)

Nancy Gideon said...

I know what you mean Kela. I used to belong to a fun, active, encouraging loop and it was disbanded. I think IWSG has filled that hole.